top of page

LINKIFY

Public·13 ARTIST

[Watch Online] Ajax vs. Heracles live free 12.08.2023

When Greek Heroes Clash; Heracles Vs AjaxLegendary Dutch coach Rinus Michels once aptly summed up what he thought the beautiful game was about: "Football is war. "Shots are fired, the opposing teams goal is besieged, the forwards must have a killer instinct as he harasses the enemies defence. Even the terminology sports commentators use is warlike. Football is war in the classical sense of the Iliad, two sides fighting it out for the honour of winning, the players being the heroes of Homeric proportions. I believe this is a concept acknowledged by more people than just little old me, so in a way it makes sense that many sports teams are named after mythological heroes. Last weekend saw such a clash of mythologically named teams in the Dutch Eredivisie, as Heracles Almelo faced off against Ajax Amsterdam.

In mythology, Heracles or Hercules is by far the superior hero. He was the greatest of the Greek heroes, a paragon of masculinity, the ancestor of royal clans who claimed to be Heracleidae and a champion of the Olympian Order against chtonic monsters. Extraordinary strength, courage, ingenuity, and sexual prowess with both males and females were among his characteristic attributes. Aias or Ajax was the son of Telamon and king of Salamis.

Ajax-Heracles - Eredivisie 2023/2024 Live Stream

But what will happen when these two clubs named after ancient Greek heroes clash on the pitch? Now forgive me when this match report does not live up to anything Homer wrote, but I will try. Like many battles between Greek heroes, the one between Ajax and Heracles was a long one. Despite their superiority on paper, Ajax had trouble breaking down the tight, almost phalanx-like defence of the home side. The Amsterdam side played the ball around much to slowly to really upset the home-side and since Toby Alderweireld's cross-passes were not as effective as in other matches, the speed of winger Dennis Rommedahl could not be properly utilised. Combine this with a Luis Suarez who is defended well and you end up with an offensively impotent Ajax.

ᐉ Ajax vs Heracles Almelo Live Stream, Tip » How to watch

About

Welcome to the group! Connect with other members, get updates and share media.

ARTIST

bottom of page