top of page

LINKIFY

Public·13 ARTIST

[WATCH LIVE@@@] England VS Colombia live match 12 August 2023

One thumping finish from Alessia Russo later and England were heading towards the semi-finals of the World Cup. Arguably, no one deserves this semi-final more than the Bayern Munich midfielder. Stanway had to be disciplined when Keira Walsh was injured, constrained when Lauren James was given the keys to England’s creative output. With James suspended, Stanway was released. With the bite in midfield to combat Colombia’s physicality, then the cool to pick holes in their defensive shape. Having to play through four games on a yellow card has meanwhile forced Stanway to do it all on a knife-edge, controlling the aggression when one wrong moment would have taken her semi-final away. Jamie Braidwood12 August 2023 18:241691859582Georgia Stanway brings fire and ice to show why this England are differentGeorgia Stanway stood on her own, isolated in a pocket of space.

The invigorating South American side deserve huge credit for bringing that out of the European champions, as they became the first side to take the lead against them at this World Cup. And there was so briefly the possibility they could put them out. Something was different with this England, though, that could well be crucial against Australia. Alessia Russo almost summed it up by offering that huge moment: a fine finish to win it.

Jamie Braidwood12 August 2023 17:591691852437Women’s World Cup: England beat Colombia in quarter-finalsOne of the oldest sporting rivalries will be played on a new stage, after England overcame yet another new problem. A first comeback of this Women’s World Cup will ensure Sarina Wiegman’s side return to Stadium Australia to play the hosts in Wednesday’s semi-final, in what is set to be the grandest occasion of this thrilling tournament so far. England once more avoided becoming a surprise exit, as they began to show the sort of quality everyone has long expected in this tenacious 2-1 victory over Colombia.

We are getting in more and more in the women’s game. Selling out, getting big crowds and not being able to think. So it’s just going to be an exciting game and a special one. ”Jamie Braidwood12 August 2023 19:241691862282Women’s World Cup Sarina Wiegman admits she was unaware of just how big the rivalry is between England and Australia after Alessia Russo’s winner against Colombia sealed a 2-1 win and set up a World Cup semi-final with the co-hosts. Asked if she was aware of the perennial rivalry between the two countries, England’s Dutch boss replied: “I just think it is going to be really big, but I’ve had a couple of questions about that now so it’s probably going to be bigger than I imagined now.

Here’s everything you need to know about the Lionesses’ next challenge in Australia:Karl Matchett12 August 2023 14:361691864682Women’s World CupThe Lionesses will be ready to face Australia in front of the home fans after playing against Colombia’s passionate support in the quarter-finals, according to Beth England.

“I think the atmosphere is going to be amazing, ” the striker said. “I thought the crowd tonight was incredible. Every time we touched the ball they were booing but I think you just relish it because these are the atmosphere you want from stadiums. 75, 000 and the Australian fans are going to bring a nice big bit of noise through. It’s going to be interesting and entertaining for everyone. “We’ve been in this situation where we’ve had a lot of noise. The Euros last year at Old Trafford, Wembley. It’s nothing these girls aren’t used to now.

England vs Colombia LIVE: Latest Women’s World Cup updates1691861043Georgia Stanway brings fire and ice to show why this England are differentGeorgia Stanway stood on her own, isolated in a pocket of space. With her hands in the air, she saw the move before it unfolded. England had been searching for the gaps against Colombia, but going behind only sharpened their focus. After the explosion of Colombia’s goal, England could have lost their heads, but Stanway found hers and then the space.

England vs Colombia LIVE: Women's World Cup result

Match Preview | England v Colombia

About

Welcome to the group! Connect with other members, get updates and share media.

ARTIST

bottom of page